Major Steps Of Court Marriage In Chandigarh
When you found love of your life and want to spend your rest of life with one him/her, its time to get married. If you and your beloved have decided to tie the knot, this is the article for you.
In the present scenario, the majority of marriages in India are solemnized through arrange marriage. But the persons who are not able to convince their parents about a particular soul mate adopted the way of court marriage. The caste system is still rigidly followed in India and the parents don’t allow their children to solemnize marriage with a person of other castes. India is a multicultural country and due to a rise in educational level and increased contact among opposite-sex paves the way in raising interaction among members of different communities and as a result leads to court marriage.
Although its 21st century is computer era court marriage is still a tough job. The Special Marriage Act 1954 prescribes a way to solemnize court marriage in the court of District Magistrate/collector (D. C.) but this did not suit to eloping couples. Because everyone wants to pass in the first attempt, having a fear that if failed once may not repeat again.
The major steps of Court Marriage-
- Marriage can be solemnized at the residential district of either party to the marriage or at district residing since a month, the persons fear that if anyone noticed them it will cause a hindrance in their marriage.
- The notice of intended court marriage is posted at the notice board for a month, a notice is also published in two leading newspapers of the region.( in Chandigarh three local newspaper).
- Thirdly solemnizing court marriage under Special Marriage Act 1954 will require the visit of court marriage couple basically two times, once at the time of presentation of the petition for court marriage secondly at the time of solemnization ceremony.
- For solemnizing court marriage under special marriage act you need three witnesses and a person identifying you. Your Advocate may identify you but the need of three witnesses still remain.
- The marriage solemnized under the Special Marriage Act 1954 did not have any provision for security or police protection of court marriage couple. The rise in incidents of honor killing proves that police protection is also that much important as a court marriage.
Present picture of Court Marriage–
So every person thinking about court marriage don’t want to follow the procedure which may shatter their dream permanently. The persons thinking about court marriage wants that the marriage procedure should complete in a short span of time and police protection should be provided to them. Presently the persons thinking about court marriage solemnize their marriage in a Mandir, Gurudwara, Church or Mosque run by a reputed trust or society registered and they move to jurisdictional High Court for filling protection petition ( if they desire) and the Honble High Court after their satisfaction issue directions to concerned Superintendent of Police to protect the life and liberty of court marriage couple.
- It’s important to know that the place where the marriage ceremony is taking place is recognized or not. It is must that the Mandir, Gurudwara, Church or Mosque should be registered maintaining records of marriages solemnized by them. Recently the Punjab and Haryana High Court deciding a petition for protection strictly held strict action should be taken against the persons running marriages shops without verifying the age of marriage couple and thereby following the illegal procedure and also banned some of the institutions who performed the marriage without authorization.
- So in this way, a person thinking about court marriage can escape themselves from the weaknesses of court marriage and live a comfortable and prosperous life with their Soul Mate. A new married life is like a brittle relationship, but only respect and love can make it strong for forever.
- Every person grows with a dream that one day a Princess or Prince will come to give her/him the joy of Heaven. Although we are in the twenty-first century still the Indian society is a rigid and conservative in respect of solemnizing marriage against the wishes of parents. But history repeats itself and instead of restriction, hurdles, honor killing incidents, fear the person in true love proceed ahead and performs Court marriage which is his constitutional right conferred by the law itself.
Everyone dreaming about Court marriage expects–
- Police Protection
Its natural that after court marriage you will have to face the anger of your families because parents feel that their honor has ruined due to court marriage and sometimes in anger they go ahead up to honor killing. Its duty of the administration to save the life and liberty of court marriage couple which every couple expects. If we solemnize court marriage under the assistance of proper lawyer he always does proper arrangements for police protection till you need.
- Notice of Intended Marriage–
Every court marriage couple did not want that notice should be sent to their respective parents, where they expect that such a procedure should be adopted where the notice should not be given to parents. The persons thinking about court marriage fear that may someone see their picture on the notice board, may their parents permanently stop them going out of the home. So many questions regarding the procedure of court marriage arise in the mind of couples thinking about court marriage which are genuine also.
- Order should be given immediately-
Every court marriage couple expects the court orders should be handed over to them immediately without any delay.
Summing up the court marriage couple expects that Lawyer, Advocate providing them legal services should act as a family member so that they can share each and everything with him. And after the completion of all procedure, they can lead a comfortable life without any fear and stress.