NRI MARRIAGE IN INDIA
NRI MARRIAGE IN INDIA
- Foreign Exchange Management Act 1999, (Act 42 of 1999), Section 2 defines Person resident in India and a person resident outside India, but does not define the term NRI. Under FEMA, a person resident in India is one who resides in India for more than182 days in the preceding financial year and who comes or stays in India for any purpose.
- Non-Resident Indian is defined as a person who is not a resident in India. Therefore, an NRI or Non-Resident Indian can be summed up as an Indian citizen who is ordinarily residing outside India and holds an Indian passport. In other words “Non-Resident Indian-NRI” means an individual, being a citizen of India or a person of Indian origin who is resident outside India. Marriages by and/or with Non Resident Indians (NRI marriages) are a class apart in matrimonial law. Generally, the main motive for such a marriage is immigration to a foreign land in pursuit of greener pastures. Non Resident Indian marriages may be between Non-resident Male and an Indian Female:-
- Non-resident female and an Indian male
- Both Indian spouses who later on migrate to a foreign land either together or separately
- Both non-resident Indian spouses who marry under Indian marriage laws either in India or in a foreign country
- An Indian spouse, male or female, marrying a foreign spouse under Indian marriage laws either in India or in a foreign country.
- A marriage certificate is an official recorded document issued by a governmental authority that proves that the couple listed on the marriage certificate has a legal marriage.
- A marriage certificate usually contains who married who, when they were married, where they were married, who married them, and who was there.
Relation between NRI marriage in India and marriage certificate
- NRI marriage in india is mostly a well-planned personal decision in these days. The traditional parental selection of spouses based upon caste and status is retained but would be spouses have come to play a big role in individual spousal choice. A parents of bride or bride groom will be confirm everything about the family of each other. But when we talk about NRI marriage, then everybody needs to give some extra care. In a NRI marriage, a marriage certificate play a very important role from many ways. we can also said that, benefits of marriage certificate.
- Others countries did not recognized the marriage of our country without the marriage certificate. Every country has follow own Marriage law.Those couple are complete the condition of their law, only those are will fall in the categories of husband-wife in their country. A marriage solemnized in India fall in the category of “Foreign Marriage” in others country. A Common definition of Foreign Marriage in most of others countries is “Marriages will be recognized if they were valid in the country where they were performed if the marriage would be legal under our law. The foreign marriage certificate is proof of marriage and marriages need not be registered”.
- We heard about the Fake NRI very commonly, someone pertained himself NRI and solemnized marriage with Indian girl or boy and after solemnized marriage they knew that the person is not NRI and he/she cheated all of them and spoil the future of the girl or boy. For avoiding the above said situation,Marriage should be register. A Marriage certificate helps to you know the status of the person as a NRI or his/her marital status.Because at the time of preparing the marriage certificate of NRI couple, person who is NRI must produce the verification letter issued from the embassy of the country where from he/she belonged and whether he/she is single or not. In short, we can say that without marriage certificate a NRI marriage is incomplete.
In a same day Marriage registration–
- Most of the NRI couples did not show their interest in registration the marriage due to the lack of time and long process of marriage registration. No doubt, without registration they will reside being a husband and wife in another country on basis of love and faith of each other but law of that country never recognized them as a husband-wife. Being a NRI, show his/her love towards their partner and create a faith of his/her partner upon him/her, must register their marriage before leaving the country (India).
- Advocateinchandigarh provide the services to the NRI’s, to registration of marriage in Chandigarh and obtain a marriage certificate in same day.
- Others related articles –